all images, unless otherwise noted, © Natalie Hall (2008-2013)

.

10.4.11

2..I mean 3 Thesis Characters




Edit:
I will explain my thesis here in this post since Logan asked and I guess I haven't explained that yet so here goes...
I've created a story that is still not complete however acts as a homage to the story of Sun Wukong the monkey king. A popular tale from China.

A boy Ix (short for Ixtlahua meaning 'to restore') decides to find the Jaguar God, Tlatoani. Tlatoani is using his minions (consisting of crocodiles, ocelots, monkeys and his apprentice Xochi, a girl) to ravage villages and take over central america. Why? I don't really know...
Anyway Ix asks his father Hue Hue (oldman) how he might be able to defeat Tlatoani. His father doesn't know but has heard rumors of a great fighter to the north. So he sets off to find the fighter, asking monkeys and other animals to point him in the right direction. Some get him lost and he winds up in the Mojave desert. He passes out after awhile when a Peccary named Pitzotl (pig) finds him. The pig helps Ix find who he's looking for, unfortunately its just a Coyote named Nahualli (I typed the wrong name on the character sheet D:) Nahualli means sorcerer. Soooo after tricking the greatest trickster into coming along to help on the mission they head south. they brave minions and set backs I havent created but thats BASICALLY the story :\
SO, my thesis is visual development for this story, in total I'll have 6 illustrations done and 6-7 character sheets done to hang, then I'll have a book FULL of my process work, which is really the fun part in my opinion...

7 comments:

Logan Pearsall said...

What exactly is your thesis?

Jeffrey Lai said...

these are geniusss natalieee
I love how striking the jaguar god is.
i'd be interested to know what its about too!

Mauricio said...

Love those coyotes! :)

Logan Pearsall said...

Interesting concept. So that explains all of the "mystical" half breeds you've been posting. Can't wait to see more!

Jez Tuya said...

Geeeze, Nat! You've been working extra hard! These are awesome!

Ken said...

really cool work you got here, I love the jaguar god.

Laskey13 said...

Couldnt agree more. The development and process work is the fun part. The final work is just the product. Great stuff